Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Our Garden

Well I finally got a battery for my camera.  Yeah!  So our Stake President has asked the whole stake to plant a garden.  I am pretty excited about the whole thing.  Growing up we always had a big garden that we had to weed and take care of.  I didn't always like that, but now that I am grown up I feel much different.  Colby and I have never grown a garden of our own we just helped my Mom and Dad out with theirs and by so doing we got to partake of it.  Well since we live in Snowflake it is not as easy to take care of.  Anyway here are some pictures of some tomatoes, peppers, and strawberries that we are going to plant when we get it all ready.
We also want to plant some cucumbers, okra, corn, and squash.
Here is the start of our garden.  We brought in a few loads of dirt from Heber because they don't have dirt here in Snowflake, it is red clay.
I'm so proud of Colby.  He has been working so hard to get the ready to go.  He gets home from work about 6:00 and then works on it until dark.  This is just the beginning, I will post more pictures when we get it all in which will hopefully be by the end of the week.

4 comments:

Aunt Tiff said...

Looks like fun!!! Hope it all grows good for you!

Amanda said...

How fun! Someday I'm going to have a garden. When ever I say that LJ just laughs at me. By the way... your welcome for the dirt! Ha Ha.

Chamberlain family said...

Hey Charlene how are you? This is Kathy, I found your blog from Tiffany's. Your kids are so cute. I've been wanting to plant a garden too lately. I remember your parents garden and I actually had fun helping out with it, and eating the peas? green beans? whatever it was, it was good I remember that. It was such a good garden. How are your parents? Well good luck with your garden.

Crandell Fam said...

I'm so impressed! We have been talking about it for a long time, and we just haven't gotten it started. We have quite a few friends who are doing that and their gardens are really doing well. I can't wait to see the pictures of your progress!