Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandmama and Great Grandmama

I know this is really late posting. Better late than never right. Here is a picture of my grandmama when she was in her 20's, not quite sure of the age. Beautiful lady. We had the awesome privilege of flying back to North Carolina to celebrate her 99th birthday. It was so wonderful. We had a huge party for her. We got to see lots of cousins that we never get to see. She is truly a remarkable woman. She still hand makes cards for her great grand kids birthdays and holidays. They are a treasure. Her love is genealogy and she spends most of her day doing just that. What an inspiration she is to me. I love her dearly and am so glad I was named after her. I only hope that I can live up to her name.
This is a picture of most of all the family that was there. Pretty much all of my mom's brother and sisters families were there. If all of my family was there I don't know if we would of all fit in the camera lens.This is grandmama and her 3 living sisters. She is the oldest.

I wish I would have thought to get a 4 generation picture while we were there.

99 years old and counting. We love you grandmama! Thanks for your perfect example of Christlike love, kindness, endurance, and so much more.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

How fun! I guess we'll have to plan now to be there next year. Knowing her, there will be another party! Can I get a copy of that last picture of her on the porch? It's beautiful!